Last updated April 2021
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services we offer (collectively the “Services”), The Newark Movement for Economic Equity may collect personally identifiable information from you, including but not limited to your:
– First and Last Name
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us in instances where you elect to use certain of our Services. Such instances may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our affiliates; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an e-mail message; and/or (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services.
Use of your Personal Information
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the Services you have requested.
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity may use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from The Newark Movement for Economic Equity.
Sharing Information with Third Partie
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity does not sell, rent or lease your information to third parties.
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity may share data with trusted affiliates to help perform statistical analysis, send you e-mail or postal mail, and/or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to or on behalf of The Newark Movement for Economic Equity, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Newark Movement for Economic Equity; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Newark Movement for Economic Equity; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Newark Movement for Economic Equity, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within The Newark Movement for Economic Equity for legitimate business purposes. This data is used to deliver customized content from The Newark Movement for Economic Equity to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Newark Movement for Economic Equity. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of our Services, to maintain quality of the Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our Site.
Our Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of the third parties who own and operate these sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other websites you visit in order to understand how these third parties collect and use your personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will undertake all reasonable efforts to promptly:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers we work with to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if maintaining your personal information is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another user to exercise her/his right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our Site. If you become aware of information from children under the age of thirteen being transmitted to us, please notify us immediately and we will take all reasonable steps to delete the information from our systems.
From time to time, The Newark Movement for Economic Equity may contact you via e-mail for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. By communicating with us through e-mail, through our website, and by way of response using any of these means, you are consenting to receipt of electronic notices from us.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via e-mail from The Newark Movement for Economic Equity, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
Changes to this Statement
The Newark Movement for Economic Equity
Address: Office of the Mayor, 920 Broad Street Room 200, Newark, NJ 07102
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org